Friday, April 20, 2007

Nice exhaust notes comes with consequences

Yes I was too painful to write on the spot but I had to take some pics. After installing the clutch I found the exhaust notes is different. Sounds so great! I thought the engine is just rev better since the clutch/flywheel install. And the tinging sound is just the clutch noise.

So wrong. The bolt of the midpipe actually comes off. And when I chase my time at Winton, it came off and give a nice exhaust blast. The best racing noise on earththumbs_up. It may have robbed a kW or 2 from the turbulance flow though. smile_sad

When I come back from the pit, I discovered the bumper is melted.

I felt the pain and the pic is just taken today.

Burn exhaust guard where the midpipe is.... you can see where the hot air goes through the plastic of the bumper. The clips have gone (melted) and I have to find a way to glue it on... well my mechanics has to do it. He is the one that cause the loose bolts.

 

The middle bit also suffered.... This will not make the repair... I might have to thinking of something clever for that. Need to polish the tip too!
 


 

Thanks heaps for William for his spare parts!.... I owe you one!

0 コメント**:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Modified by step-hen.com. Powered by Blogger