Saturday, August 09, 2008

New Toy

I have been putting off buying this. But there are 2 track days coming up at Winton, and last time I went to Sandown only and back. I had to pick so many stone chips that it is not funny. These soft compound will become rock magnet when it is soft. It is better off changing them at the pit lane. I have tried this on the tyre already and I was surprised how easy I can be done.

It is a 18V impact driver that rated 220Nm in torque. Hang on, that is just slightly more than my rotary engine. Haha. It can take the nut off any time and it is like taking about 5 clicks to take a 80 lbs-ft torqued nuts. Impressive. I have to make sure I don't thread them when I put them in. The gun has variable speed so I can slow wind them up before I gun them in. I will of course finish it off with torque wrench too.

0 コメント**:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Modified by step-hen.com. Powered by Blogger