Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Choosing my S-tyre

S tyre (aka R-spec tyre, semi slicks) is my vital part of the circuit time attack. I have been using the Bridgeston RE55S in 245/40-18, SR2 version. This S tyre is rated from time attack (short or long) to league racing. So the SR compound hit up quick but last very long, which is an all round tyre.

It is criticial to choose the tyre I am going to run at the National, and I found now the compound I am going to use too. It must last long, since I have to make it last the whole 2 days. So soft compound is out and there will be too much testing to do. There is a big group of A048 fan in Japan, and most of the trackkies in Japan are running A048, and not much are running Bridgestone. I really do not know why.

The choice for trackkies in Victoria is very clear. Most people are running Bridgestone or Toyo. It merely because Bridgestone (RE55S) is 2/3 of the price of the Dunlop D03G and Yokohama A048. But I do not find any evidence of the Dunlop and Yoko being a superior tyre. Japanese have in their blog saying that A048 does not last as long as the RE55S. Would that because they chose the wrong tyre?

I will track back to this thread once I have more info but so far I have the official site only.

, , and . I am leaning on Dunlop at this stage.

0 コメント**:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Modified by step-hen.com. Powered by Blogger