Friday, September 19, 2008

Suspension once sort out; future major power mod

Suspension

I went to an expert today. Centreline suspension is one of the oldest in the business. When I said "old", I DO mean "old". A non-computerised, technical, old-fashion, stone-aged, down to earth, suspension centre. They have racing experience from the ice age and hold a barest of the mechanical equipment. Even doing alignment is manual. By manual I mean have 2 lines parallel to the car and measure using a ruler. smile_omg. I dreaded that I did not see how they did the camber.

I was waiting them to take out the scale for corner balancing. To my horror they did not bring out a balance scale with their pet elephant at the other end. It is an electronic gadget!

These are what they "measured" and aligned.

Front Toe 3mm total. Camber -2 1/4 degree. Caster 6 degree.
Rear Toe 1mm in both side Camber -2 1/4 degree.

Corner weight (with a fat me in it smile_embaressed). Actually not much being done. Since the last time was done about 6 months ago. It is pretty good even I have the front battery change, bucket seat installed (that is about 15kg difference)... I must be gained that much weight???? But actually the car is 7kg lighter than last time. I think even I lost 20kg, because I am sitting pretty much between the car, the cross weight will still be balanced. No point to redo it again for a long time.

FL 360kg    FR 387kg

RL 321kg    FR 355kg   cross weight 50.2%

Total weight with TAKA 1423kg (Full fuel tank)

Also I had them to look at the ride height. They said the A arm is pretty much flat to slightly tilted upward, so if any lower (like last time I was at Philip Island). is too undesirable. So I make some relief.

I don't know what they did. The biggest change is the caster. I think it is driving very well. Must be confident now for next Sunday at Winton

Power end

I went to see Simon @ Promaz with the full knowledge that I will get sucked in and probably end up spending a lot of money to get his stuff. Yes he told me that if I want the car being a race car and not require EPA certificate. He will do it up with electric water pump, methanol injector, engine rebuild, balanced and improve seal, larger turbo, bigger boost, straight exhaust and .... wait for it 300+ kW AT THE WHEEL! He is doing just that to his drag car, but he will detune it for a track racer. OH MY!

800hp bearing tubro.... I just need to find the clutch and LSD that can withstand that . Kaaz has the one for RX-7 as well as the 8 so I at least find one.

0 コメント**:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Modified by step-hen.com. Powered by Blogger