Thursday, September 25, 2008

Clean airway

I took out the filter element to my horror I saw some oil in the engine face of the filter. Ok the poor baby chuck some oil. It is time to investigate how it happens.

I drove to Nelson @ Racing Project and ask him to take the air box, MAF tubing and look at the throttle body. The throttle body is clean and does not seems to have oil coming from the engine. Why does it have it in the MAF tube then??

Ah there is a tube that coming from the tube where I put the oil connecting to the MAF tube. I don't why it is there but I am sure it is there for a reason so I left it there. The opening is so high up that I think when I put oil in straight (without a funnel) that I must have got some oil into the tube. That is also why the oil in the tube and filter look so fresh.

Ok, I must now be careful when I put engine oil in and also use a funnel (stop being lazy).

I also change the filter back to the R Magic pipercross. The car felt different but I am sure it is to the better or worse.

4 コメント**:

Tom said...

Good find! I used to use the R-Magic filter also. I thought it definitely made me happier :-) Must pull out my filter and take a look at it too.

Tom said...

Btw. do you have an oil catch tank? The RE-Amemiya one is quite popular here which is integrated with smaller battery.

Check this out... I was going to get it when I had my 8 as the next thing to upgrade as all the guys in Eightlien team mostly have it.
http://www.re-amemiya.co.jp/new_parts/rx_8/05_rx_8_new_battery_kit.html

TAKA said...

I like this, relocated the battery at the same time too. One stone kills 2 birds.

Will you be able to get one and post it to me? I can paypal you the money in advance?

TAKA said...

Hey the only concern of the oil catcher function is that it is an awfully long tube that actually lift up before going to the tank.

I think my Physics book said it is not as good as something like this

http://www.promaz.com.au/images/parts/rx8_catch_02.jpg

http://www.promaz.com.au/images/parts/rx8_catch_01.jpg

Locally made (Aussie) but more dearer. I shall call him for a discount (I know him)


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Modified by step-hen.com. Powered by Blogger