Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Video Blog: TMS Winton Track day

 

This is the video track blog for my track day last Sunday at Winton, organised by Tampered MotorSports. There are so many cars that it is unbelievable. There are 6 groups that means plenty of time and so little track time.I only did 26 laps or so for the whole day. Also they have 20 minutes sessions that most car could not lap continuously due to tyre and brake restrains.

I did a good opening session. When the track temp is going up through out the day, the time falls for everyone. I had my best lap of the day heading in the low 42 before a mistake of overbraking.

4 コメント**:

Unknown said...

Nice blog Taka, I can't believe how late you can brake on the main straight at Winton!

Jonathan (TAAXED)

TAKA said...

Jonathan,

The prob is braking too late is you wash off all the speed going into corner. Stand on the brake before ABS comes in and release it just before going into corner. I think it is the key to get the most out of the brakes. Easy to say then done!

Tom said...

Taka, take off the damn word verification thingie! I don't get any spam comments really and when I do, I just delete them.

Anyway, just watched your video blog. Nice driving mate. Very smooth. You can definitely be more aggressive I think. I think I'd be throwing the car around a lot more in the slower stuff trying to get rotated faster with slight over steer. Idea being to blast out the corners earlier by rotating the car quicker for an earlier apex.

I would really love to see some lateral-G and accel/braking-G graphs also to see how you are braking. I think you can learn a lot from those graphs.

I like the cross-G meter though. That's a nice touch. Maybe you could have another camera directly under the cross pointing upwards. This would let us see your natural friction circle as when braking the cross goes forward etc. LOL.

Keep up the great work. Great to see you back at speed and blogging about it again!

TAKA said...

There is a lot of noise from the G reading on the phone that it is next to useless. I need to secure it immensely before I can see any result. The graph is like a drunken man shaking haha.

Here: http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l230/taka_rx8/shakenGgraft.jpg


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Modified by step-hen.com. Powered by Blogger