Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sandown Night Sessions

This is my first night session @ Sandown and hell do I love it. My aim this track day is to work on the sector 4 and 5 of the course.




As you can see the 4th sector (between S3-S4) is the downhill left sweeper towards the Dandenong corner and the final sector is the S bend before the front straight. I have been missing on those areas to improve my times. As my car is not the lightest and not the most powerful, anything that I can milk out of the corners will give me bonus and hopefully later able to hit into the low 31s. I did just that. I gain about 3 10th on the final sector. The 4th sector is nearly equal on time but with the wind I was not able to put some top speed on the car.

I also need to look at the spark plug since it is about closing on the 10000km mark. But I think the power is fine on the front straight and the whole lost of speed is a combination of head wind and lack of power out at Turn 4.


Enjoy the video blog that I just made. If you don't like to be called Vinny (I can change that smile_regular). He probably will not see that anyway. There is a lot of improvement in the video software (RaceChrono2AVI since then).

1 コメント**:

Tom said...

That night time run is mad. Can't see a thing. Guess you know the track well enough though. Temps are down though probably so maybe good for some nice lap times eventually when you feel very brave :-)


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Modified by step-hen.com. Powered by Blogger